"What's in My Cart"


       Having to move into a new dorm or apartment is already super expensive. Wasting money on things you thought you needed is the last thing you want to do. You can still have all the essential dorm/apartment items for less money. Here are a couple of items I have in my cyber space shopping cart that I have price checked and researched on. 



Shower Caddy


Price: $5

       This is great for organizing your products and other hygiene stuff. I definitely recommend this if you share a bathroom or are using a communal bathroom.



Crock-Pot


Price: $10
       Slow cookers are great for making meals. You can get this one for $10 or get it in black for $2 dollars more.




Filter Water Bottle


Price: $9


       Most Brita filter pitchers are around $20 and a lot of normal water bottles are around $8. I figured this wasn't too expensive and nice since it combines 2 items on my "to-get" list.



Hamper


Price: $6


       You'll probably need someplace to store your dirty clothes.



Single Serve Coffee Maker


Price: $20


       As much as I would love splurge on a Keurig, I need to spend the rest of my money on other things. Also, I like fresh ground coffee better and figured a single serve coffee is more suitable for me. 



Vacuum


Price: $19


       While looking for one those neeto hand vacuums for easy cleaning I came across this. It's cheap, light weight, and has the hand vacuum. 



Pepper Spray


Price: $13


       You could either keep the three for yourself or give the other two to some one you care about! Or you could get an individual one for about $6 here.



Desk Lamp


Price: $23

       I saw a lamp like this in a youtube video and I was a little in love. This lamp has different settings, you can dim the light, and there's a USB port to charge your phone. Or you could get a regular desk lamp from WalMart or Target for under $10.



Mattress Protector

Price: $19


       You'll definitely want this.



Fan

Price: $10


       Found this nice, small, quiet fan for $10. I also can't sleep in a hot room.



Mirror 

Price: $5

       How else are you going to check out your OODT?



Steamer


Price: $20

       For, uhg, wrinkles. However, a small spritz bottle and a hair dryer or flat iron will also work fine.  




Cart


Price: $24

       Thought this utility cart would be an efficient way to store stuff. 


       You do not have to purchase all of these items. Some you may already have or perhaps it's in a family members garage not being used. If you have any affordable essentials or cheap hacks feel free to share them!



Comments


 




Popular posts from this blog

My First Blog

Guide to Saving Money on Textbooks